Call for Applications to Sail
Recent Science Reports
- Expedition 377 Scientific Prospectus
- Expedition 396 Scientific Prospectus
- Expedition 391 Scientific Prospectus Addendum
- Expedition 390C Preliminary Report
- Expedition 385 Preliminary Report
- Expedition 384 Preliminary Report
Expedition 396T: Transit and Non-IODP
News Stories See all news stories
- Digging deep to unlock the past and future in Santorini
- International Team to Explore Santorini’s Volcano Secrets
- Santorini Volcano - The secrets of the Minoan eruption are searched at the bottom (in Greek; read in English via Google Translate)
News Releases See all news releases
What Is IODP?
The International Ocean Discovery Program (IODP) is an international research collaboration that coordinates seagoing expeditions to study the history of the Earth recorded in sediments and rocks beneath the ocean floor. The JOIDES Resolution Science Operator (JRSO) operates the scientific drillship JOIDES Resolution on behalf of the National Science Foundation. With an international workforce and scientists with many different backgrounds and perspectives, the JRSO promotes a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment, which is reflected in our JRSO Code of Conduct.
We are committed to exceeding the expectations of the scientific ocean drilling community by maximizing the science the JOIDES Resolution delivers.