Notice See the COVID Mitigation Protocols Established for Safe JR Operations (COPE), updated 25 May 2023. For information about the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) and COVID-19, please see the Texas A&M University Coronavirus Update site.
Current Science Reports
- Expedition 399 Science Reports
- Expedition 399 Daily Reports
- Expedition 399 Week 5 Report
- Expedition 399 Week 2 Photo Gallery
Recent Science Reports
- Expedition 403 Scientific Prospectus
- Expedition 401 Scientific Prospectus
- Expedition 395 Scientific Prospectus Addendum
- Expedition 397 Preliminary Report
- Expedition 393 Preliminary Report
- Expedition 397T Preliminary Report
Expedition 399: Building Blocks of Life, Atlantis Massif
News Stories See all news stories
- The classic Mediterranean vacation spot that sits over a live volcano
- Why are we drilling into the Earth? Earth Day special
- Drilling for Earth’s climate secrets buried under the sea
News Releases See all news releases
What Is IODP?
The International Ocean Discovery Program (IODP) is an international research collaboration that coordinates seagoing expeditions to study the history of the Earth recorded in sediments and rocks beneath the ocean floor. The JOIDES Resolution Science Operator (JRSO) operates the scientific drillship JOIDES Resolution on behalf of the National Science Foundation. With an international workforce and scientists with many different backgrounds and perspectives, the JRSO promotes a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment, which is reflected in our JRSO Code of Conduct.
We are committed to exceeding the expectations of the scientific ocean drilling community by maximizing the science the JOIDES Resolution delivers.