Call for Applications to Sail
Current Science Reports
- Expedition 397T Science Reports
- Expedition 397T Daily Reports
- Expedition 397T Week 1 Report
- Expedition 397T Week 2 Photo Gallery
Recent Science Reports
- Expedition 400 Scientific Prospectus
- Expedition 397T Scientific Prospectus
- Expedition 399 Scientific Prospectus
- Expedition 392 Preliminary Report
- Expedition 391 Preliminary Report
- Expedition 395C Preliminary Report
Expedition 397T: Transit and Return to Walvis Ridge Hotspot
News Stories See all news stories
- Volcanic disaster outside Norway can probably explain dramatic global warming 55 million years ago (in Norwegian; read in English via Google Translate)
- Mystery crater potentially caused by relative of dinosaur-killing asteroid
- Santorini: Underwater Observatory and Volcano Drilling In The Area (in Greek; read in English via Google Translate)
News Releases See all news releases
What Is IODP?
The International Ocean Discovery Program (IODP) is an international research collaboration that coordinates seagoing expeditions to study the history of the Earth recorded in sediments and rocks beneath the ocean floor. The JOIDES Resolution Science Operator (JRSO) operates the scientific drillship JOIDES Resolution on behalf of the National Science Foundation. With an international workforce and scientists with many different backgrounds and perspectives, the JRSO promotes a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment, which is reflected in our JRSO Code of Conduct.
We are committed to exceeding the expectations of the scientific ocean drilling community by maximizing the science the JOIDES Resolution delivers.