Current Science Reports
- JOIDES Resolution Science Reports
- Expedition 361 Daily Report
- Expedition 361 Week 9 Report
- Site U1476 Summary
- Site U1477 Summary
- Site U1478 Summary
- Site U1479 Summary
Call for Applications to Sail
Expedition 362T: Transit
News Stories See all news stories
- Scientists study microbes beneath ocean floor
- There’s Something Living In the Rocky Crust Beneath the Ocean Floor
- Study Reveals First Microbial Life Buried Deep Beneath Ocean Floor
- How deep does life go? MBL study describes microbial neighborhood beneath ocean floor
- A Decades-Long Quest to Drill Into Earth’s Mantle May Soon Hit Pay Dirt
News Releases See all news releases
What Is IODP?
The International Ocean Discovery Program (IODP) is an international research collaboration that coordinates seagoing expeditions to study the history of the Earth recorded in sediments and rocks beneath the ocean floor. The JOIDES Resolution Science Operator (JRSO) operates the scientific drillship JOIDES Resolution on behalf of the National Science Foundation.
We are committed to exceeding the expectations of the scientific ocean drilling community by maximizing the science the JOIDES Resolution delivers.